"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Come Little Children - Listen to my Madness

"Alive, and unharmed."
"Must you qualify your requests?"

There was another picture of Illya lying in the middle of the road, but I got bored of wading through pictures from the remake.


No! But that quote actually fits in quite well! Because: 'who's your favourite character', 'what's your favourite movie', 'what's your favourite book', 'what's your favourite school subject', 'what's your favourite season', 'who will you side with in Civil War' - oh! And you can only choose one!!

Must you qualify your requests?

It's all very well and good for that question with the limitation of 'only choosing one' to be asked to those that have a definite preference above and beyond all - but what about us poor people that don't have total favourites?

Besides, in real life, who has better favourites in friends?

Actually, don't answer that....

But that aside.

AND I REMEMBERED TO EAT SO DON'T ASK AND YES I'M SURE AND YES IT WAS TODAY!!!

I digress.

Tony Stark really is such an interesting character. At first glance, of course, he's abrasive, rude, spoilt, uncaring.....  He's not someone anyone should look up to or really be loyal to except in self-preservation given he can be rather vindictive.

And I've not seen his films in ages, so pardon any liberties and major jumps in logic I take: I'm merely applying my observances of others in like situations and backgrounds to him.

He's not happy. He isolates himself, and probably always has. Perhaps he had some childhood friends, but there's a good chance that it didn't last long. He's smart, so smart - he needs challenges.

He lives in a rich house. From what I know from the films, it was hardly happy. He would have learnt of the pitfalls of money - would have seen the traps people would fall into. He was smart enough to learn how to best avoid them. For whatever reason, he's pragmatic at best. Subconsciously most likely.

He's incredibly flippant - completely uncaring. Oblivious to social conventions. Uncaring about the feelings of those around him. He is fine, always fine, nothing matters - he's fine so everyone else is too. A few words can fix everything and he just keeps going.

That's my main complaint with him really. He just...untouchable. Nothing changes him.

It's not really done intentionally anymore. It's been cultivated for so long so to be automatic, and he's forgotten how to be anyone else. But he knows it's different; and when he does let people close or have people he WANTS to let close.....  He's at a disadvantage, and he employs it even more.

My other complaint with his films is that the first half is always some great....temper tantrum of sorts??  I know. He's dying in the second. I actually liked the third. First....It still gave that impression. Don't know why....

But who likes to live behind a mask? Self-cultivated or imposed by force.....  Who'd want to keep going forever. Everyone has feelings, even if they can't identify them anymore. Where'd I run across that.... Irrelevant.

He was so reckless and careless at the beginning of the second, and he was dying.

It reminded me of the beginning of the first.

I think he hoped that his luck would run out. But he knows that there are some people that miss him, and he can't bring himself to make it other than an accident either. He won't let them blame themselves for that.

And then there's Jarvis too......

Tony is pragmatic. He knows he cannot trust himself, so he follows strong standards. Well, as in, not really his own. For instance: Justice.

I saw a poster for Civil War somewhere, and it gave Stark the side of 'justice' and Rogers the side of 'freedom'.

Granted, the film is beingput out by a secular modern culture, so I'll wait until I see the film to judge on that - but it makes sense.

Tony is pragmatic. To a point. Although he made Ultron, I don't think he's really so foolish as to believe the world could ever be completely at peace. I think Ultron was built more to protect against aliens and space or supervillains - not politics and suchnot.

Rogers on the other hand....  He knows it's not possible, but he also believes that anyone can change and he can still hope for a better world. Not perfect - but better.

That the main thing they're different in. Tony doesn't really hope for bigger things, while Rogers can't help it.

It's more likely I'm just reading into it things of imagination. As I said, I've not seen the films in a while and I wasn't in the habit of automatically characterising people when I saw them. I've changed in that - but I'm hardly good. I just enjoy learning and observing.....

Besides.

But, why are they even pairig them off??  And why are almost all of the Avengers in a Captain America film? And why am I the only one that is looking into this - where are my family members that know more about modern culture than I could hope to assimilate?

Oh, wait. They're still stuck on Star Wars.

I'm going to leave this now. This is a mess.

Although, I do need a new project. Especially given that I really need a new dress for Fourth of July. Yes, I'm aware it's months off - but I have to gather everything. First. And! Look what I found!!



I found it while trying to find a generally similar pattern to one of Peggy Carter's dresses, and the pattern for Dottie's hair. I can't recall where though, so....

But since I've almost finished crocheting my vintage triangular shawl, I need a new project. Given figuring out how to crochet an Eldarian or Gondorian blanket seems to expensive and hard right now - circles should be easy! But I can make a small-ish pillow, and then crochet a matching, circular afghan! Probably only one-sided for that though.

And either they are incredicbly good at heated curls, or they actually set hair in pincurls for Agent Carter. Obviously, they set Peggy's hair once for the show - but the styles actually look well done. Sadly, no tutorials for brushing pincurls out like that yet. *Sighs*







The only thing I can find close enough is that her hair looks like Dottie - wrong one. Dottie Underwood's formal hair in that scene looks a bit like Rita Hayworth's. The curls on the side are much the same. And they stayed shape either before or after (depending on when this was taken) tugging a t-shirt over them to get into costume.

.....there aren't instructions that I've found for brushing those like that either.

Probably in one of those books I can't get...  *sighs*

And those lovely combs in her hair!!  Oh, I am so jealous of the past.....



And the costumes-! Oh, I love the costumes.....  Adore them, really. 

I do need to figure out how to cut that neckline though for my cocktail dress. Sewing would be so much easier if I had ANY patterns to work off of....Of course, I'd not cut any slit in the dress that high up (when you take into account that all waistlines sat generally at the natural waist rather than the hips.....) - but the rest of it!!  I hate modern fashion....

I really need to go watch the next series of Agent Carter - I quite miss it. And Dottie comes back!!  *Grins* She's fun.

And Jarvis! And Carter, of course. ....and maybe Thompson won't be so bloody infuriating?


And that above is why I love the series besides the setting and subject.

I'm aware that basically boils down to : I love everything about the series.

And why does Besame have to cost so much??  Who pays twenty dollars for one item of makeup? That is ludicrous.....

But it's so beautiful....

OH! And another request for the series: JARVIS NEVER EVER EVER EVER IMITATE AN AMERICAN ACCENT EVER AGAIN SERIOUSLY JUST DON'T!!!

Although, if one couldn't act, the next best job would be to work on costumes for a period production. Honestly. That would be immense fun too.  Perhaps not AS much, but still.

Speaking of spy films, I need to finish Agents of SHIELD too....  Oh well. Someday. Agent Carter is better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....