"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Monday, March 14, 2016

I've Heard That Song Before...



Can I just say that Howard really needs to be slapped at times? However, COMPLETELY FORGETTTING DOTTIE was priceless. Actually, what was priceless was Jarvis' and Carter's eye-rolls in response, and Howard ONLY remembering after Jarvis reminded him what he was wearing. Jarvis does not deserve to get slapped in Howard's stead: Howard needs some....  Brains? More usefull than that genius ones? Maybe?


And, look at this I found!!  Alright, completely pointless - BUT! HAT! GLOVES!!!  I love it!!  I actually just made a hat much like that - not that it matters....  I look rather like some vintage airline stewardress when I wear it. 

No, actually. I was trying to make another Film Noir photograph compilation for a character. Of course, as you can - or will - see, I got distracted.

All of what I've learnt in graphic manipulation has been by trial and error. Most early ones I really need to remake - but some were good in their simplicity. Or at least not so horrid.....  Which we were on the subject of Marvel, I tried to find some of my old ones....

First: NONE OF THE TEXT ON THESE PICTURES IS MINE!!  The pictures are mine - well, the compilation at least - but the text comes from a tumblr site of SHIELD recruit survival tips. http://shieldrecruitsurvivaltips.tumblr.com/ A hilarious site, and well worth the read.

Made by Angelique
Tip #22 --  This - and most of these - were made after I saw the promo for the pilot of Agents of SHIELD. And had just found out that Coulson was still alive.


Made by Angelique
OBVIOUSLY written for Tony....  Tip #48

Made by Angelique
Tip #131 --  Again, after the...well, this one is later in the series at least because these images weren't available before. Basically, Ward being condescending to Hill concerning Agent's death....

Made by Angelique
Tip #132 --  I adore that oneshot. It was hilarious, and priceless. And truly perfect. For some reason, a lot of these I always feel were written in some way for Stark....

And now I hate Sitwell - but this was before Hydra....  Well, technically not - but still!

Made by Angelique
Tip #220  .....I don't like this one, really. But it was the first I made, and I might as well include them all, so....  Voila - there it stays. I'll remake it at some point......





I was discussing music with another. We spoke of tastes and styles and trends, and I mused on how I really can't narrow down my tastes. I love classical, orchestral, vintage, jazz, swing, operatic, Broadway - it simply depends on how the performers handled it.

In short, I demand clear lyrics and a clear melody (or clear and pleasing notes if 'tis instrumental) in a song which rules out...metal? Whatever rock music that is that is just...  Well, that and the music actually makes me nauseous for whatever reason. All around a displeasing experience.

But I've always been one to complain that modern music is rubbish and old music is infinitely better.

I've also changed a lot as I've heard more music, but the same themes turn up in most of them - the same...Vintage, classic themes. If that makes sense.

Not all of them are, of course - but they all have...themes.

So while I can enjoy some songs, I generally tend to stay away from modern music.

And then I was introduced to the Piano Guys.

Originally, I actually listened to their Star Wars cover - but while that's humourous, this is the lyrical.

Now, I've never actually heard the original version of this song because I enjoyed this one so much. I don't know what it was about this video, but it reminds me of Vintage aesthetic. Probably the earth tones I realise now after analysing that earlier.... But nonetheless.

I heard it first when I was just researching Vintage fashion and beginning to try to implement it into my life. And I wondered if there were other modern songs that sounded vintage.


Now I did try to listen to the original version of this song - nope. Entirely too slow. More of a dirge rather than a fun song.

This, of course, only proves my opinion that modern songs are better if made vintage.

2 comments:

  1. Be nice to Howard, I love him. lol.

    Have you finished S2 of Agent Carter yet? I watch so many I can't always remember when exact scenes happen. 8-)

    OKAY OKAY BUT COULSON. COULSON. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

    I like all your quote things. I want you to get back to tumblr. I bet you'd have way more fun there, since it is a sight specifically for pictures, edits and gifs. FUN ANA. FUN.

    I love all sorts of music. If you like older music, I would recommend Il Volo. I let you listen to one of their songs a couple weeks ago. They are an Italian group and they are beautiful. 8-) I think modern music can be fun and enjoyable at times, especially if the lyrics are good. There are some aspects of modern music that I really like, and there are artists of today's day and age that I love listening to. However, I never listen to rap... and except for very, *very* rare exceptions, I never listen to rock either.

    Oh, I love the Piano guys. Did you have videos posted? There is a big blank space like a video is supposed to be there but there isn't one.... 8-/ The Piano guys are such fun though. Have you watched the videos? They get so into their music! The Guy with the Cello makes me laugh. He literally dances with that thing. Look up "Me and My Cello; Happy together" IT IS HILLARIOUS.

    Have you heard them do Lord of the Rings? *flailing* So good, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....he's obnoxious. Jarvis is better, and basically any of the girls - Dottie especially.

    No, I've not finished it yet.... I'm still on episode three - this post was actually written about two months ago when I started this blog, but I lost and forgot it until a few days ago.

    *grins* Coulson is the one and only reason I watched all of the Marvel films and found out about Agent Carter, so.... He will turn up in basically any Marvel tribute that's not specifically excluding him.

    *smiles* Those are - again - not mine, but I adore that site. It's hilarious. *laughing* Not now and not for a few months at least. My life still has to settle down, and then there's a few things I said I'd finish, so..... fun or not, this will have to suffice.

    It is good to listen to if one is in th emood for classical music, certainly. And yes, there ought to be a video let me see if I can fix that.....

    Have you ever seen Studio C's version of Piano Guys? Or behind the Piano Guys or whatever that one is called?

    But, try that? Hopefully the videos are fixed now - like I said, this is a VERY old draft.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....