"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Thursday, March 17, 2016

No Wealth, No Ruin, No Silver, No Gold....


So about a year ago, I created a character.

He's very dark, sarcastic, aloof...

Originally, he was only supposed to be a passing character, written to interact with  better characters - written to fix plotholes and to...play around a little bit. He was never supposed to really become anything.

But I suppose I should have known that that would not go as planned either.

He sort of started a book.

It's quite an interesting book, on a rather....abstract level. It's about a Quadrumvirate of siblings, each ruling a part of....the world. The Brothers are greater, unchanging. They will always be there. Their two sisters are more...fluid. They always exist as well, but they're a bit more...tempermental? They change.

While setting this world up, I stumbled across yet another interesting Supernatural character: Death.

And he looked incredibly, annoyingly familiar.

I hadn't seen anything else he was in, and figured it was just because of his similarity (loose thereof) to Richard E. Grant. Which, there is that too - but it wasn't right. Earlier today, I was trying to find some pictures to make a wallpaper, and I found a different picture. Now, I happen to know that Death does not die in Supernatural being run over by a carriage. Nor does he basically ever wear brown. And I highly doubt that he would become a corpse - he disintegrates.



A Nero Wolfe Mystery. I can't recall his name here and don't remember much of his part save that he was reading some sort of rubbish and Archie hated it. And had to sit through it - it was quite amusing. The episode was "Death of a Doxy", and is good. Well, all of those episodes are - Hutton is a good actor, and the whole thing is set in the...Thirties I believe. The hair's not right for the Twenties, and the show is supposed to be pretty accurate. The acting at least is terrific.

And no, that picture isn't from the episode of which I speak - but he was in several, as every other actor on the series, as different pictures. I just couldn't find pictures of the one I spoke of.


For the longest time, that was the only thing I ever saw of that series, given it was incredibly hard to find. They are finally all on Youtube now - too late for me, but still.



Phillip Uxbridge (who HAS  surname like that??). From Murdoch Mysteries. An excellent episode concerning mummies and ancient Egypt and, of course, murder. Of an apparently supernatural kind, and thus the shenanigans that ensue every time that comes up. (Now, I find the placing rather ironic...  Nonetheless)

He's also in Kingdom Hospital but I've never actually watched that series yet, and can't even remember who or why it was recommended......  Nevertheless.

Nope, not in the slightest - whyever would you think that??

I've known about and have watched Murdoch Mysteries for a while - quite before I learnt anything about SPN. Thus? Death looked familiar because I had seen Richings before.

I love it when I can solve mysteries like that....
Which, speaking of Murdoch Mysteries, it reminds me of two things: it really is a toss-up whether Castle or Murdoch Mysteries made me more willing to forgo watching anything ever - never was decided. I don't think either have calmed down yet....

Grant says it perfectly.

So, Juliette and Adalind and Nick might be infuriating - but they've not yet reached THAT level of 'why am I still watching this and WHY do I keep coming back' that the other two did.

Not saying they weren't worth watching, I'd reccommend them to anyone in a heartbeat, but that they were more annoying that usual.

Why do they have to be so mean to the characters I like??

Not nice, Precious - not nice at all.....

But Murdoch really is an interesting series. Of course, there's the Historical aspect, and the police procedural aspect that never fails to attract me - and the costumes! And the science! And the characters! Except Julie. But even her I liked..... Regardless of plot - the plot I abhorred....

See, there are instances like this where I've no trouble differentiating between character and plot. And then there are the other times....

Besides. Julia and Grace have almost the best job possible!!

And they are such fun to watch together..... Honestly, brains, blood, poisons...  all in their gowns and corsets.

Have I mentioned the costumes? The costumes are gorgeous. I couldn't vouch for accuracy, but they certainly don't look inaccurate at least. And they are wearing corsets! Whyyyy.....

Irrelevant.

Interestingly enough, the costumes do repeat. Often enough. Which is sensible although I'm probably confusing it with the Medieval time in that regard. But even then, clothes would be expected to repeat.

So.

Anyway.

I have run out of drafts. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....