"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Friday, March 25, 2016

All Around Me Are Familiar Faces....

In which I thought for certain that Person of Interest was airing its fifth series in January.

My mistake.

I think it's coming out in May.

DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE END OF THAT EPISODE THAT IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL - alright, not too much.....We've had worse cliffhangers - there is that memorable one where the main character was exiled but then had to be called back on the plane to address a certain problem that arose on home soil that none but he could solve.... - PUNISHMENT!!!!



"The Final Problem" wasn't really that bad. I mean, you knew he was alive, and you knew he'd be coming back - it would have been a WHOLE lot worse if they'd ended that episode about the point where Richard Brook is discovered because that? That would have been cruel. (I think the first series ended on a cliffhanger too? I can't recall where in the Pool Scene it ended...... So, actually, Reichenbach was the kindest finale. Isn't that sad.

Thank you, Moffat, for taking pity on the people that just had everything crushed and minced into tiny pieces and not making them wait on a real cliffhanger. Now that I'm crying, I'll watch something to cheer me up....  I loved the Weeping Angels - let's watch "Angels Take Manhattan".)



If you didn't sense the irony and sarcasm in that sentence, you have not seen the episode.


Don't watch the episodes like that.

And I basically did just that too. So then I went to watch Murdoch as it had been reccomended to me and good. grief. 

The Hobbit was a double-edged sword.

Come on - the Hobbit finally being adapted??  What was there NOT to like?  The countless references and throwbacks and treats and - I have no words for how much I was looking forward to it. (There were two times I literally screamed with joy: Coulson was alive, and opening a box to find the first film of the trilogy in it) And I had to wait a year until it came out in theatres and I could. not. wait.

It was also really, really, really fun.

Then The second and the third came out and it went from 'forgivable mistakes' to 'this is torture but still barely worth it' to 'I'm never watching this again'.



I honestly don't want to watch it. Maybe fastforward to the best parts (DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but on the whole.....   I can still rewatch LOTR again and again, and have only seen The Hobbit once and....why. Just...why.

However, for all its faults, the trilogy stars Martin Freeman and features Benedict Cumberbatch. Who looked very, very, very familiar.

They played in a short series that I had said I wouldn't watch because WHO MOVES HOLMES FORWARD IN TIME WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS RUINING THE STORY yeah I really need to stop saying that......



I watched that series a year before the Third aired. That was nice. Compared to this one. But  still. So, I was introduced to fanfiction. Thank you or sorry depending on which day it is.

Of course, this was when I figured out how to watch episodes online and.....well, it went downhill from there.

So then. Fanfiction. And fanvideos - those things have the horrid habit of spoiling things.....

Reading fanfiction and my atrociously annoying sense of humour eventually led to writing prose for it - poetry doesn't count unless a name is used and I don't do that. Now, have I ever been good at.....moderation in writing? I. Think. Not.

So if I hadn't ever seen The Hobbit, I wouldn't have ninety percent of the problems concerning writing and reality and...headspace that I have now.

.....I also wouldn't have some of the best story ideas in my collection, nor would I have met.....well, any of my friends that I still have.

So. Double-edged sword.

And I found the rest of the cars - I knew there were more....  There is a total of seven cars. Not counting just plain old cars.

......no, people experimenting with recreating Iron man's suit will NOT be working in the garage. I'll manage your house for you dear, but you're NOT ruining things.

It's a joke. I know someone that would love to have and get a mansion with extensive grounds (I'm going to call him Luke). He also doesn't want to run it. So? He declared that he'll get it, and I'll run it. (Yes, thank you - I always aspired to be a housekeeper......) Honestly, I'd love it - a MANSION what is there not to like?? Besides, we like a lot of the major things so....decorations and collections would mesh.

However, he's really, really good at science, math and engineering and one of the things he aspires to do is build a functional Iron Man suit.

He could do it.

But he's not reaching greatness in the garage or near any valuables I might have or protect.

Nor in the general vicinity of the house or grounds - as much as he's likely to suceed, he's also very likely to forget everything else.

Fun!

Have you ever been asked what you would like as a gift?

Invariably, there are three outcomes. Either, you have absolutely nothing you want, you want nothing that anyone else could get you, or you remember what you wanted AFTER they leave and it falls into the second category anyway.

It's annoying.

And what is the plural of 'hiatus'? It just...doesn't look right at all any way it's spelt....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....