"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Saturday, March 5, 2016

It's Not Nice to Swear

It's funny how much a promise means to me....

I'm a bit of a...wordsmith. One might say.

Other's might say that I'm a sociopathic, manipulative, lazy....'insert word here'.

'Wordsmith' is a bit more...fluid. It rolls off the tongue easier.

Basically? I twist words.

I'm a writer. It comes in handy. But it isin my life as well. Why? I don't really know. I'm sure I could blame it on someone else - on my upbringing or the circumstances - but....  Well, I make enough excuses.

I've got too many voices in my head. Sometimes, they're my characters. Sometimes, they're characters from films that I greatly sympathise with. And other times, they're very bitter, hateful, guilty, angry, tired voices that want nothing more than to hurt the world as much as they have been or think they have been hurt but they won't so they want to hurt the only thing left for them to.

Life is a set of balances, a scale. This for that, that for this.... One action brings and equal and opposite reaction - thus is life. There is a price for everything.

And yet, I prefer not to lie.

Well, not outright lies.

As I said, I twist words. Technicalities. The fine hair between a complete untruth and a misrepresentation of facts or different understandings between two parties.

Which, alright, is still lying by most people's standards thus the less flattering appellations applied....

I never said they weren't true.

But back to promises - it's amazing how much this one holds me.

Because it does. I only promised to try, and yet it holds me stronger than any complete promise not to do something would.

And thus why not to straight out lie. Because that's still a promise. In a way.

Promises are something....sacred. Important. Once given they should never be broken - and one should not make promises that they are not certainly able to keep.

Loopholes. Legalese. There should always be a way out of things.

Ahhh.... And there's the over-complications again. Too many things to worry about.

Which, if I'm so good at twisting truth, how do I know what's real? I know all of the voices in my head can't be real - but which ones are? I don't know, and they've all inherited my....knack with tongues....

On a side note, as per usual, I hate pincurls.

Well, not them directly per say - just the part where one brushes and styles it afterward.

AKA: besides Victory Rolls? There are basically no tutorials for those updos.

Have I mentioned the Agent Carter series? And the perfect hair? AND HOW THERE ARE NO TUTORIALS?

Basically....

On a side note as I return.....

Just try it.

I dare you.

Please.

Whosoever says that walking around in high heels two or more inches all day is NOT a form of exersise gets to do it themselves! AND walk up and down about three hundred steps!

No, that number of steps is not arbitrary - I counted them as I tried to remember to breathe. I'm off by a few because I didn't start until later - but on the whole....

So please! Be my guest.

And those kind, merciful people that FINALLY let us use the elevator....

And then made us go talk to people - but we got to use the elevator....

It raised and interesting point: do I detest stairs or elevators more?

Right now, I've decided that the Little Mermaid tried to walk in highheels thus why it felt she was walking on knives, so I am thoroughly against stairs. However, elevators make me nauseous. Even when I hate stairs.

So I think I'll just forgo moving for the moment. It seems to be the only viable option left.

So, I'm back!

Obviously.

And I've a new game! The Green Glass Doors.

There are walls, but no windows; roofs, but no ceilings; floors, but no houses; hell, but no heaven; puppies and poodles, but no dogs; grass and weeds, but no flowers..... What can you bring into the world of the Green Glass Doors?

I'm not going to give you the answer. It is REALLY simple, and easy to work out, and fun to solve. And REALLY fun to share with others.

I will confirm if you are right though, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....