"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Civil War Remix - Tag! Again. Because I wanted to see if I could... And I feel terrible....


Alright. So I know I chose Steve's side. No, I'm not changing.

However. The party is technically done. So I'm...twisting some things.

That, and I realise that if something just...If Steve and Bucky didn't have that whatever it is that makes them preferable to Tony, I'd be on Tony's side.

And because in all honesty I don't know why I bother choosing 'favourite' characters. I always end up changing my mind and...

Sorry. It's annoying. It annoys me.

By the way. If you want me to change my mind about something - tell me to write a blog post. Apparently that works....



1. What is your favorite Iron Man movie?



Iron Man 3. I've never quite figure out WHAT annoys me about Tony but...it wasn't there.  I enjoyed the part where it was Tony that did the work - not the suit, Tony. And Tony's intelligence was showcasted basically and..  *Grins* I love his genius!!  And he just...makes up these things and takes down the security and...

I loved it.

2. When did you decide you loved Iron Man?



Oh boy.....

Welcome to the mess that is my head.

When did I love Tony? In the first five minutes of the first movie.

He's sarcastic, genius, dark....  The perfect character. Yeah, he was a playboy as he himself says but...I've liked worse characters and...that wasn't it. I've never really been figure out EXACTLY what bothers me about him. Over familiarity? Experience? The realisation that so much of the plot in the first and second films could have probably been solved if he just THOUGHT for a moment. (oh. Look. What does he do in Civil War again....  *sighs*)

But....

Oh, I always liked Iron Man. He just....didn't fit perfect. *grins* He's endlessly fun though and I really wish I could sit through the first two movies more often. I always forget how much utter fun I have when I can ignore the little pointless things.

3. Do you tend to agree with Iron Man's thinking/logic?


Absolutely.

Way too much.

Steve is...good. I'm very much not. I keep repeating the same bloody mistakes - stuck in the same rut. I paint a mask to wear to be perfect. I don't apologise. I give gifts because words are liars. I don't think I can be loved. I ruin the good things. I feel more comfortable with my creations than the real world. I love to destroy things. I love to play the manipulation game. I can both blame everyone and blame myself. I blame myself for too much.

Do I agree with Tony's thinking and logic?

Oh yes.

Maybe that's why...why something bothers me: there's nothing to change.

Of course - I'm not that smart. I'm not a genius. I'm not the centre of all attention. I'm ignorable. I'm hopefully not as abrasive but.....

I could be. I could so easily be.

And most people don't like that. Better to admire Steve than to emphathise with Tony.

4.) What is one thing about Tony that drives you insane?


....ego? Pride? The mask he wears that says he's alright while never letting anyone in? The bandages he applies that hide the wounds that never heal? The way he draws all of the attention to one area in his life to hide the fact that he's miserable at all the rest?

*sighs*

He's over-dramatic. He takes the blame. He depends on himself.

What drives me insane?

Is that I fully understand him. It makes sense.

5.) Do you think you'd like Tony In real life?



Yes! I think it would be an utter disaster - he's too messed up to be a good acquaintance and I'm not well-balanced enough to deal with that.

However.

He loves to talk. I love to learn. I've a feeling we'd get along swimmingly, dangerously. Someone to test my theories - to try my ideas.....

Oh yeah, I think I'd like him.

He'd be a good distraction too. On the days when I didn't want to feel. When I didn't want to be me....

I wouldn't be the smart person.

Oh, he'd be harsh and cruel and as I said I think that would be a bad acquaintanceship but....

And Tony would be a TERRIBLE influence on me.

6.) Do you think you'd get along with Pepper Pots? What about Rhodey?



Rhodey - yes. Pepper.....no. Pepper is....she is that sort of person that...talks another language? Doesn't always hear what's really being said? Oh, she does. She's smart. But...there's something about her....

Rhodey would speak his mind. He's not going to tiptoe around something. He might not always go about it the best way but... I wouldn't be left wondering what's the truth.

7.) Would you like to live in Stark Tower?



If I can have a room/computer to myself? Absolutely. As long as I could be alone. Very alone. Leave me alone...

Not to mention!!  I could learn everything then! People would teach me!!

I mean, I try not to take advantage but... Sometimes it's allowed.

8.) Would you want to try out/own any of Iron Man's robots or fancy little gadgets?



....not really. I mean, they're interesting but.... I want to learn how to MAKE them!!

9.) What is your favorite Iron Man quote?





And those quotes sum up Tony. The child-like wonder and curiosity that never really died, the mask that can't be broken - that can take any abuse and keep going; and the determination that....feeds him. The drive for perfection that he knows he can never truly reach - he'll always be...second-best. 'Avenging' rather than 'defending'.

10.) If Tony as he is now volunteered to take you to dinner and a movie, would you accept his invitation? Not a date, just a night out cause he knows you are soooooo stressed.

Absolutely.

And I'm bringing my letter-opener and if he tries anything I'm stabbing him with it.

Oddly enough, I'd trust him.

Mostly because if it had gotten to the point where he'd ask me and I'd accept, I'd have learnt how to avoid it. Or he had learnt timing but....

No. I'd love to go out.

And try to stab him if he tried anything. (Like I said - he'd be a bad influence on me....)



It's too easy to sympathise and understand Tony. It's too easy to know him.

He's too familiar. WAY too familiar....

By the way: do you know what my favourite Tony Stark scene is? The ending fight scene of Civil War. Really. IT WAS JUST SO AMAZING AND INTERESTING AND SAD AND DESPERATE AND PERSONAL AND-!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....