"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Monday, September 5, 2016

An Interview with a Detective (and an assassin which is close enough to a vampire....)

"He's manipulative, certainly - but not quite a fool" - made by Angelique

Well. Joy. Great.

...how am I supposed to choose???

*sighs* Fine...

Now. I know she said one character. I'm....sort of cheating. Partly because these two are intertwined so much and partly because I want to get to know them better. I considered doing someone from Willem's arc but...  I know those characters!

These...I don't know so well.

I mean, I know them but I don't know THEM.

Jason Alden is about twenty-nine years old, and a police detective. He's the senior partner. He has a large if poor family, and is one of the older children. He considered Adam his younger brother. He's a good Christian at least and possibly Catholic depending on...research. and stuff. *sighs* (And for the record, he's been Catholic since conception which is.....a few years now. Longer than I seriously researched.)

Adam Weiss is the original character for the story - he was the character in the dream and it's him the story revolves around. He's twenty-five, and Jason's partnering detective. He's an orphan that basically lived in Jason's house although he could never be officially adopted. He's also an assassin. By taking jobs to kill people for the mobs, he can afford to live wealthily.

And although Adam does get paid a LOT, he donates most of it to orphanages.

.....there's also a major twist concerning his assassinations but...


Made by Angelique


1.) Would You Rather Be Hot or Cold?

AW -- "Comfortable."

JA -- "That wasn't what she meant and you know it. Hot."

AW -- "Then she should have asked differently."
JA -- "Adam..."
AW -- "I would rather be cold. It preserves evidence too."
JA -- "....that wasn't so hard."
AW: "I don't cater to people that can't speak. I would rather be neither and so I will-"

2.) Would you rather work at night or during the day?

AW: "Night."
JA: "Day. He likes to lurk in the shadows."
AW: "'Lurk'?"
JA: "Did I say that? I meant 'work' of course..."
AW: "I like to be alone, Jason."
JA: "At least you answered the question this time."
AW: "You want me to tell the truth, don't you? that was one question - the first!"

3.) Someone knocks on your door: what now?

AW & JA: "Let them in."
JA: "...I was expecting something different from you."
AW: "She only asked what I would do immediately."
JA: "It was rather open ended, actually."
AW: "Then would you rather I pictured you as the visitor, or Peterson?"
JA: "Moving on!"

4.) Would you rather go without food or water for a day?

AW: "Food."
JA: "You already do that."
AW: "..And? You would do the same."
JA: "...true."

5.) Someone tells you your life is a lie: what now?

JA: "You can stop laughing now, Adam.... Anytime is fine."
AW: "...Life is a lie - what in the world is that supposed to change?"
JA: "Well. At least I understood that. You know, not everyone is as duplicitous as you are."
AW: "If you want to believe that.."
JA: "Well, he would collapse laughing and insult the person - I would ask them if they've been talking to Adam. And stop looking at me like that - I can believe there is honesty in the world."

6.) Would you rather be settled or have the open road?

AW: "I am not answering that."
JA: "No choice. Settled in a house with a wife and children and a family around me to come home to...."
AW: "So delightfully domestic..."
JA: "Who was at our dinner table every night?"
AW: "Unavoidable. The Orphanage doors were closed."
JA: "...precisely."

7.) Would you rather lose sight or hearing?

JA: "Don't even start it. There aren't three options. I would lose hearing."
AW: "Of course you would..."
JA: "...And?"
AW: "...Sight."
JA: "You could do nothing then!"
AW: "When you get a concussion you will learn differently."

8.) Would you rather have a dog or a cat?

AW & JA: "Cat."
AW & JA: "Dog."
AW: "Jason..."
JA: "I can't decide!"
AW: "You would get a dog because you're depressingly predictable. I would get a cat because they're self-sufficient."
JA: "Fine."

9.) How do you respond to betrayal, pain, loss...?

AW: "That is not an 'either or' question."
JA: "That is for the people like you that got bored."
AW: "...Charming."
JA: "Yes."
AW: "...You aren't answering."
JA: "Neither are you!"
AW: "And?"
JA: "A cat fits you - all...persnickety. ...I struggle with it, but I go to the church and pray."
AW: "Or pray at the chapel. Or the cemetery. Or your desk. Or my desk. Or-"
JA: "You don't have an excuse any longer."
AW: "I expect it. It is inevitable regardless."
JA: "..This is why I pray at his desk."

10.) Do you like music?

 
JA: "Now you ask him a question he will answer..."
AW: "Of course."
JA: "That's it?"
AW: "That is all she asked."
 JA: "She must perpetually wish she had qualified her questions.... I enjoy chorale music and a good Big Band."
AW: "He never dances though."
JA: "You sing with the operas and choirs better than the boys do - you have no room to talk."

11.) Do you like reading?
 
AW & JA: "Anything and everything."
JA: "Sometimes there is a startling amount of connection between us."

12.) Would you rather face a lion or a bear?

AW: "I live in the middle of a city!"
JA: "There is a lion in the streets, I shall be eaten..."
AW: "I shall feed you to him then."
JA: "If I don't sate him?"
AW: "I am armed - that is what bullets are for."
JA: "...Since he is facing the lion in the streets, I will face the bear for him."

13.) What is something that scares you?

 AW: "The woman asking these questions."
JA: "If you would just answer them...."
AW: "Why does she need to know?"
JA: "Does it matter? You agreed to this."
AW: "No, I agreed to not kill you. I said nothing about her."
JA: "I fear losing everyone eternally. I fear being lost eternally."

...
.....
....
...

AW: "....I fear the unknown."

 14.) Would you rather be in a crowd or alone?

 AW: "Under what circumstances - she never gives enough information. How am I supposed to honestly answer these questions without the full situation?"
JA: "I had nothing to do with this!"
AW: "You wanted to come! I would rather be alone - it is less irritating."
JA: "And no one is surprised-"
AW: "There is a reason the men at the precinct tried to kill me, Jason."
JA: "...Yes. I would.... I would want to be alone surrounded by a spiritual crowd."
AW: "...And you complain about me?"

15.) Your family is threatened: what now?

 AW: "And we are back to this... I don't have a family."
JA: "Protect them at all morally allowed cost."
AW: "...how sweet. I would go to no end to protect them."
JA: "No end whatsoever?"
AW: "Do you really need to ask that?"
JA: "You have enough homicidal tendencies that I shouldn't be surprised..."
AW: "...your family is my family."
JA: "Well. It seems like any threateners are done away with."

16.) Answer honestly: do you put a lot of importance on family?

 AW & JA: "Yes."
AW: "How else were we supposed to answer? Could I have lied on the rest of the questions then?"
JA: "The one time you qualify it...."

17.) Do you believe in God, Heaven, angels, or something of the like?

AW: "No, he prays to my supreme powers..."
JA: "I might pray at your desk but it's a terrible shrine. And of course I do."
AW: "Great crowd of witnesses all round about you? Angels in armies around the God on his throne? All...immaterial. Impossible. You've not seen any of this."
JA: "That's why it's faith."
AW: "You're hoping in something you can never know for something - a vain hope to get you through life."
JA: "One of these days, Adam..."

18.) Would you rather have coffee or tea?

 AW: "Tea."
JA: "Juice."
AW: "That wasn't an option."
JA: "Coffee."
AW: "Bitter, horrid, tasteless, vile-"
JA: "Now see what you've done to him..."

19.) Would you rather take a long walk in the forest, or a bike ride down a parkway?

 AW: "...I still live in the city."
JA: "Then treat it as if you had the option. I would take a long walk in the forest."
AW: "I hate this... I would take a long walk as well."
JA: "Really?"
AW: "As I don't have a bicycle, yes."
JA: "Of course..."

20.) Do you like snow?

 AW & JA: "Yes."
JA: "...alright, why?"
AW: "I enjoy seeing the worst of life covered and clean - watching the children play in it."
JA: "I just like to play in it."
AW: "Did I ever claim you weren't a child?"

21.) Do you like rain?

 JA: "And why?"
AW: "She asks the questions."
JA: "I'm qualifying them. I like rain because it's clean and new."
AW: "I like storms. If the rain is not in a storm then it is only discomfitting and should be done away with."
JA: "Doing away with the rain..."

22.) What is your favourite thing to do?

AW: "Learn."
JA: "...That really is. I-"
AW: "I like to use what I learn too."
JA: "I'm well aware. I...enjoy spending time with friends. Not while working. Off time. Free time."
AW: "Are you trying to make a point?"
JA: "It hasn't gotten through yet..."

23.) Would you rather spend the day indoors or outdoors?

AW: "Indoors."
JA: "Outdoors."
AW: "You cut me to the quick..."
JA: "'Indoors' means you're doing something...."

24.) Do you like summer days?

 AW: "What difference does it make?"
JA: "Yes."
AW: "Such a short answer?"
JA: "At least I'm answering."

25.) If there was one person you would drop everything for in their time of need who would it be?

 AW: "As we just look at each other..."
JA: "Alive - it would be Adam."
AW: "Then ghosts are an option? I would drop everything for God."

2 comments:

  1. This was fascinating...your characters are so hilarious together and have so much depth that I want to discover. Fabulously done. *standing ovation*

    Also, sidenote, that Proverb is EXACTLY what I thought about in the lion/bear question! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs tightly* Thank you so much!! They are SO much fun to write, honestly. I love writing their interactions and relationship. You miss it in this story, but Adam LOVES references. He reads a lot and slips references in to just about everything.

      THANK YOU!! *grins*

      I loved nitpicking the questions...

      Favourite part? Favourite personality? What's most interesting about the characters?

      Delete

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....