"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

And God Inspired Man

Is that a pun? What makes puns?

Why don't people like puns??

"And the Lord God...breathed into [man's] face the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

'Inspire' comes from the Latin word that translates literally as 'blow into' or 'breathe upon'. For whatever reason in the thirteenth century the world came to mean 'from God', and in the fourteenth century it just mean 'to fill the mind, heart, etc. with grace'.

I love entymologies.

So! God has inspired, is inspiring, and hopefully will inspire man.

Don't you just love words??

Anyway! Inspiration.

..........

*cascades of words pour forth to be shared with everyone-*

Nope. Nothing.

 Actually, i might have something....

You know what inspires me: words, poems, characters, Lewis, Tolkien, the Truth....

So....what happens when Inspiration itself is the reason I can't write? When my love and desire for the truth is what holds me back? Hm? What then?

I want to work on the Mafia universe. That thing is sinpired by...well, all f my inspiration. the Bible, Truth, History, humour, illusions, mindgames....  All there. I could sit down and write it at any time.

And yet I can't. Every time I try there is a glaring problem with it: Christianity.

Oh, not that it's a problem in and of itself, only that I realised that Christians and religion and faith NEEDS to be in the story, to be part of the characters.

But I can't write them.

I can't write good Christians. I'm too confused, broken, lost.....  I can write the struggling ones, sure. But what about the strong men and women? What about the Truth??

It's....confusing. messed up.

...I'm being silly, I know. I researched too much and found out some things and..... Yeah.

So inspiration can be amazing. It's something God gives us - a gift.

A responsibility.

So when I am inspired by something? I want to do it right. And Christianity isn't something I can just...research away. It's deeper than that. It's more than just information.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*


Gothic spires arching upward,
Heaven's vaults are stooping low.
Gracious God, our Lord and Saviour:
Teach us, please, the truth to know.
Father, Abba, we pray to you;
Seek to be within your love.
Gothic spires arching upward,
Lead our gaze to God above.

Echoing choirs rising upward,
Heaven's voice is whispering down.
Gracious God, our Lord and Saviour:
Help us now our sins to drown.
Father, Abba, we sing to you;
Enter your courts with songs of praise.
Echoing choirs rising upward,
Lead us in the songs we raise.

Prayerful fires flying upward,
Heaven's incense for the King.
Gracious God, our Lord and Saviour:
Sanctify us in everything.
Father, Abba, we pray to you;
All the saints and church as one.
Prayerful fires flying upward,
Save us through your blessed Son.


(But see? I can still write poetry....  *sighs*)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....