"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Thursday, September 8, 2016

You Will Find Your Courage



What have I done? The burning fire
Is closing all around.
I am consumed, am perished -
Ash falling to the ground.
Is this to be my ending
Of the adventure i have led?
What of me will they speak of
After I am dead?

 What have I done? The burning fire
Is eating all my thoughts.
I am screaming, suffocating -
Battles here come to naught.
Is this to be my ending,
Another vast mistake?
Will any good be remembered
When all learn of my fate?

 What have I done? The burning fire
Is tearing me apart.
I am bleeding – can no one hear?
 It's shattering my heart.
Is this to be my ending?
Will any weep for me?
Regret I now my fool's head -
In death I wisdom see.


This is another two-part set. This is Peregrin Took's.

this is actually an incredibly simple one - hardly any pictures or complications. Beyond finding the material, of course - but that's irrelevant.

This is mainly inspired by Pippen and the Palantír. I don't really know why - but..... There's something about that and his character that got stuck.

However, this is also massively inspired by Pippen's eventual role as the Thain of the Shire. (I finally opened the book again to reread it, and one must ALWAYS read the prologues, and opening notes, and basically every single word on the page.)

So I somehow balanced a responsible king - or leader - with the curious Took that caused so much trouble and yet brought so much good.

And youth too, for he's not as old or as dignified as the others.

This gown is the result....


The gown is incredibly simple: dress, underskirt, lace at the throat and wrists.

That's it.

This is generally the dress.  The only difference is that the neckline is a 'V' that cuts close to the neck and dips a few inches down. But it is perfect in every other way.

On the side of the skirt, slightly off centre and more in the front than on the side, is a slit that reaches up to widest point of the hips. This is where the underskirt peeks out.

C'est voila - the underskirt! Likely it's an underdress sans sleeves, and has the same length of hemline as the overdress - but nonetheless! Voila.

As I said, quite simple....


The material of the overdress is a midnight blue satin. The buttons on the sleeves are black crystals, and there is black lace and embroidery edging the hems and slit.

The material of the underskirt is silk, a fiery red.

perfect for the cuff, and the lace at the throat would follow somewhat the same fashion.

The envisioned lace for the collar and cuffs is somewhat like what Percy Blakeney would wear - save black and a bit more gothic.

There is also a black stole made of a sheer material and edged in red crystals.


'I see Fire' is a better quote for this gown, but this one works as well.

(Well, this draft has been sitting in my queue for about an eternity - I should just finish it, da?)



Merry and Pippen's gowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....