"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Sunday, November 12, 2017

What Heroes Do...

So I got to see Thor: Ragnarok today. Brilliant. I love it. Totally. Wonderful. And maybe I don't hate Thor as much.

And Valkries!!! THEY HAD A VALKRIE!!!!!!! Oh, beyond perfect. Have I mentioned how much I love mythology - THEY HAD A BLOODY VALKRIE!!!!

Okay. Fangirling on that over. Try not to spoil all the best of the movie - EVERYTHING - so I'll move on to the point of this: post.


ah, Cate Blanchett... Actually, I've only seen her in like one other move? Not sure anyone else would possibly know this one..... It's just a sort of old movie - nothing big.


Nope. No similarities. DEFINITELY no more similarities between her two characters.

I mean, they're both epic, powerful queens who use their personal power to build empiric realms, love their capes and headresses, fight like hell.....

Oh. wait. Nevermind, they're a bit similar.

Of course. Maybe there's a reason. Anyone remember a certain speech?


"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"


 Soooooo....what? Galadriel took the ring and became Hela? Hela loved Lord of the Rings too much?



 I loved, Hela, I totally did. Not the least because she will forever be Loki's daughter and I can't wait to see what fanfiction comes out of this but....seriously. That quote is now FOREVER going to ruin Hela.



 the age of the elf is ended. the age of the Marvel villain begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....