"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Thursday, October 26, 2017

2015 - LOTR Blog Part - Day Three

What is your favourite dwelling?

*blinks* Why, why do we have this nigh impossible feats to perform? How did it come to this?

Ahem, Anyway. Favourite place to live....

Probably Rivendell. Or Hobbiton. (Can we do two? We should be allowed to do two - there's less chance of brain implosions then... *grins*)

Now, to talk about it. Let's start with Rivendell.

Um, it's filled with Elves and books? Really, what else do you need? It has horses somewhere, so it's perfect.

Rivendell is my favourite place in Middle earth. It has Eldar, and that is a major point in its favour. It also happens to have Elrond and Aragorn and Bilbo - but that's irrelevant to this question...

And the library...!!!! Have you seen it??? Somewhere - or it was mentioned. *frowns* Great, now I can't remember - ANYWAY. There has to be a library somewhere - I refuse to believe that there isn't.

And it's so peaceful there - a haven, rightly called. It's so beautiful and peaceful - and when you go there, you feel like nothing bad can ever reach you.

Alright, I don't really know why I like it best, or why I would want to live there - mostly because it's safe.

I know as soon as this is posted, I'll think of a million reasons more why I would wish to live there... *sighs*

And the leader is good. Not aloof as in Loth Loríen, nor ignorant/possessed/brainwashed as in Rohan, nor as corrupted as in Gondor - just good. Tired, exhausted, human - but good.

And, my reasons for Rivendell outweighed those of Hobbiton, so that's decided...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....