"...I hate repitition, I really do. It's like asking a painter to paint the same picture every day of his life." -- Peter Cushing

"Don't be too brave. Bravery is a fine thing on some occasions, but sometimes it can be quite a dangerous thing. The stiff upper lip is not always the best." -- Jeremy Brett

"We don't always get the kind of work we want, but we always have the choice of whether to do it with a good grace or not." -- Christopher Lee

Monday, October 17, 2016

I Was Born in the Wrong Time...

How often have I thought that? How often have I said that? I mean, I agree with so much more of the past than I do with the present, and there is countless things I'd rather have from history than what 'progressive' things I have to deal with now.

When I was younger, I wanted to go completely back and time and not have anything to do with the present. Or indeed anything past the eighteenhundreds. I grew older, and compromised that I'd keep the majority of old things - but still bring some modern things back with me.

And now.....

I'll bring vintage things forward with me and combine history with the present but...

Honestly? I'm glad I'm born in this time.

Because if I wasn't? I'd be dead.

Literally.

My friends were there for me. My friends helped me - yelled at me, reasoned with me, comforted me; whatever it took. They guilted and encouraged me into trying again, into surviving. The catch? All of my friends are online.

If I wasn't born in this modern time, I'd probably be dead.

And fine. alright. If I wasn't born in this modern time there would be many things different but - still!!

And if I weren't born in this modern era where I can just go online and research anything, I probably wouldn't have found the truth either.

I am...I can actually honestly say that I am glad I am born and livig now. Well, for a given value of it all but....out of all the itme periods at least now I can pick and choose and I DO have this life and....friends.

It was an odd realisation.

...I REALLY need to finish up the Civil War series. *sighs* SOMEDAY I WILL I HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN I PROMISE!!

*hides*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always reply with SOMETHING. Welcome to my ramblings - we're all mad here.....